Information for Coaches, Athletic Directors & Administrators
To: Coaches, Athletic Directors, & Administrators
Date: Monday, October 2, 2019
From: Dale Ewart Palmer High Athletic Director-Tournament Director
Gary Alcock Coaches Director and Track Wrestling Coordinator
|Thursday, Nov. 14th||Dual Weigh in (103=104)||3:00 pm|
|Duals Start time||4:00 pm and 5:30 pm|
|Coaches meeting||7:00 p.m. (Dinner provided)|
|Friday, Nov. 15th||Weigh-ins (103=105)||7:30 am|
|Wrestling starts||9:00 am|
|Saturday, Nov. 16th||Weigh in (103=106)||7:30 am|
|Wrestling Begins||8:30 am|
|Championship Finals||5:30 pm|
We have launched a Lancer Smith Memorial Tournament Website site that will host information on past tournaments, pictures and future tournament info. We have linked the site to four social media platforms and will be sending updates of the tournament on LSM Facebook site, Instagram, twitter and google plus. The semi-finals of the Varsity Girl’s and Boy’s Tournament will be livestreamed as well as the finals for both. The livesteam feed can be accessed through the website for $9.99 for both the semi’s and the finals. Please pass this information on to your parents and booster clubs.
This year’s tournament will be hosted at the Curtis Menard Center in Wasilla. Due to the expected size of the tournament, Varsity we will be allowing TWO entrant per weight class for each school. We are excited to announce that we will continue to host five tournaments. The Varsity, Girls and JV tournament will be held in the main arena and the elementary and middles school meet will be held on the turf. Wrestling will start at 9:00am on Friday and 8:30am Saturday. We will adjust brackets to accommodate all wrestlers. Changes will be accepted at the coaches meeting. We will seed up to six wrestlers per weigh class in the varsity and girl’s tournament; the remaining wrestlers will be drawn in. We plan to run semifinals on 4 mats and the Championship round on 3 mats with the Girls, junior varsity and Varsity finals wresting simultaneously.
2019 Palmer Lions Lancer Smith Champion Jackets will be awarded to the winner of each Varsity weight class. We will medal through 6th place in the boys Varsity tournament and will also recognize the tournament Team runner-up and Team champions of both Division 1 and Division 2. We will as recognize an outstanding wrestler voted on by the coaches for both the Boys and Girls Division. We will medal 1st, through 3rd place for the JV and Girls tournament.
Boy’s Weight class will be 103, 112, 119, 125,130, 135, 140, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 285
Girl’s weight classes will be 103, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 145, 160, 189, 235.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please contact Dale Ewart We look forward to another great tournament!
Dale Ewart School: 746-8424, Cell 232-2396, email: email@example.com
Curtis Menard Sports Complex -1001 S. Mack Dr, Wasilla, AK
IMPORTANT COACHES INFORMATION
- Up to 6 wrestlers per weight class will be seeded using the Track Wrestling system. All other qualifiers will be randomly drawn in.
- Wrestler must have winning record, 51 % or better.
- Wrestler must have wrestled at least 4 varsity matches.
- All matches must have been entered into Track Wrestling, including dual and tournament matches.
- Matches must have been designated as either Varsity or Junior Varsity.
- Head to head – strictly head to head record.
- Record Against Common Opponents – based on winning percentage against an individual common opponent.
- Previous State Champion or Runner Up – first or second place from the previous year, state champion first – then runner up.
- Overall Varsity Record – overall winning percentage for varsity matches only.
- Varsity Record at Weight – minimum of 4 matches at state tournament weight class.
- In the event that we have two state champions or two runner ups and we are unable to distinguish which should be the higher seed we will flip for the seed.
*The brackets will be pre-seeded using the trackwrestling algorithm and unveiled at the coaches meeting. Any glaring errors will be addressed at this time.
*If you do not attend the seeding meeting, it is your responsibility to ask another coach to help verify your roster. Seeding will not be adjusted after the seeding meeting other than for adjustments needed if a seeded wrestler misses weight.
*Changes will not be accepted after the seeding meeting. Please make arrangements to attend the meeting or verify that your roster is correct.
Hospitality Room: Wrist bands will issued for entry. The hospitality room is for coaches and officials only, due to the size of the tournament we cannot possibly feed coach’s families, managers, volunteer parents, etc.… please help to ensure that only current members of your coaching staff are in the hospitality room.
Entries: All entries into Track Wrestling to be entered by Wednesday, Nov. 13th by 9:00pm. Coaches Please import wrestlers from your Track Wrestling Team Season Program, Do Not manually enter wrestlers. Please contact Gary Alcock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-232-7663
T-Shirts: T-shirts will be available on site Friday and Saturday.
Housing: Housing is available; a housing contract needs to be completed prior to arrival. Housing will be available upon request and will be housed at Wasilla High School.
- $300.00 if competing in duals and tournament (2 duals per team and 1 entrant per weight class for tournament)
- $250.00 for tournament only. 1 entrant per weight class (10-14 total)
- $20.00per wrestler for teams of 9 or less
- $200.00 for tournament only. 1 entrant per weight class (6-10 total)
- $20.00per wrestler for teams of 5 or less
- $20.00per wrestler
The entry fee must be paid prior to participation in the tournament. Checks can be made out to Palmer High School Wrestling. You can pay for all teams on one check.
Boys Varsity Team Fee:
Girls Varsity Team Fee:
Individual wrestler fee:
*ADD SCHOOL NAME AS PURCHASER. Please bring receipt to coaches meeting.